July 16, 2009

Weekly Wrap-Up: Week 1

So yesterday was the end of my first week in the experiment, which seems to have gone by rather quickly! I was surprised at how much I learned and how many questions I have about coupons. Here's a quick run-down of things that I've learned and want to learn following week one:

  • I am far more of an impulse buyer than I ever imagined
  • If you know where to look, you can find a coupon for almost anything
  • Conversely, there are some things that you will wish you had coupons for but don't
  • Sometimes, if you wish hard enough for things like gasoline and vegetables, you'll get your wish in the form of a coupon
  • Advertising in coupon supplements is more about economy and casting a wide net than trying to cash in on people's saver mentalities
  • Coupons are the currency of customer service
  • Being in touch with a company about their goods and services can only help everyone who uses those goods or services in the end.

  • How does perceived value play into choosing items for coupons?
  • What is the hope of a manufacturer or business when they decide to create a coupon?
  • What is the life cycle of a coupon?
  • How can you convince a company to start giving coupons for your favorite item?
  • Why is there so much coupon repeating from week to week?
  • How closely tied are store sales and coupon placements?

I'm sure there will be many more of questions to come, even as I get answers to some of my questions above. I hope you'll stay tuned to find out what I find out...and if you have a lead on where I might find some of these answers or a hot coupon, remember you can email me or comment here!

1 comment:

RosieLayne said...

I appreciate all your hard work and all the questions you have gotten answered. And I am really looking forward to hearing the answers to the posted questions!!!