July 11, 2009

Did somebody say free?

What's a girl on a strict coupon diet to do when she has a hankering for a fast food chicken sandwich?

Well, dress herself and her baby like a cow and get it for free, that's what!

Sadly, by the time we got our photo taken with the Chick-Fil-A cow, all my spots and my ears had fallen off, but you can see my tail tucked next to my keys. And the baby's bib comes courtesy of Misters Ben & Jerry of Vermont. :-) Of course, the old saying that nothing's really ever free is true - not only did I have to wear a ridiculous paper cow nose to get my free #2 combo meal, but I had to navigate a swarm of daycare children who were all dressed top to bottom in black and white spots. The baby did great - she was fascinated by the whole event, as one who is small should be. Sadly, the one thing she seemed to really want was a waffle fry, and that was just not up for grabs.

A big thanks to the folks at Chick-Fil-A for running the promotion like a military manuever and having all kinds of fun stuff for the kiddos - prize wheels, cups, plushy cows and these photos, taken by a Chick-Fil-A employee, printed out for you via their teensie printer on the spot, and placed in a commemorative photo holder for you to enjoy for years to come!

No comments: